The Impact that Exercise and Sport Have on Mental Health (In a Nutshell)
- It’s a no brainer that exercise has a positive impact on mental health.
- Individual sport can be good as it builds self belief, but bad, as it can make a person isolated.
- Team sport can be good as the team have camaraderie.
- There is the chance of a Coach having a detrimental influence on a person in a team sport.
- Teammates can belittle and alienate a person.
The Impact that Exercise and Sport Have on Mental Health- Positives
- Exercise can lead to a person with mental health issues being more stable.
- If a person exercises the correct amount then they can increase their general outlook on life.
- Sport can be a good activity, as it prevents a person from being reclusive.
- You don’t have to let exercise dominate your life for it to have a positive influence on your life.
- Music can help people stay fit as it’s a good distraction.
The Impact that Exercise and Sport Have on Mental Health- Negatives
- There is a risk that a person overexercises, which can have detrimental repercussions on their mental state.
- Sport can be extremely competitive and cause a person to be anxious.
- The fact that sport is generally extremely competitive can impact a person negatively.
- There is a risk of injury.
The Impact that Exercise and Sport Have on Mental Health (Final Thoughts)
- Exercise has a big impact on a person as it can improve a person’s mental state.
- If someone exercises and plays sport it gives them a purpose.
- Sport can be a great way to meet like minded people.
- There is a reason why exercise and sport are highly recommended; it can give a person a positive mindset!