Football Player (In a Nutshell)
- Football is a team sport; do what’s best for the team. A football player must be selfless and have a team first attitude.
- Have the skills that are needed to play the game. For example, a goalkeeper needs to be agile and have good distribution skills and a striker should score goals.
- A player must have an optimum level of humility and belief to play their given role within the team.
- Never take anything for granted; a football player is only as good as their last game.
Have a Strong Character
- There’s so much abuse going around from people on social media. A footballer must be able to cope with this as its imperative.
- Cope with the training requirements and put all negative thoughts out of your mind.
- Without being mentally strong you can’t be a football player at a professional level.
- Have the capability to cope with media criticism of your performance.
- It’s impossible to play a good game every time you step out on the park. A football player must accept that.
What other Characteristics you need to be a Football Player?
- It’s self-explanatory that to be a football player you need to have the capability to play your given role.
- Apply yourself properly; be able to be switched on when you get your opportunity to play.
- You must have the aptitude from a football perspective to make the correct decisions. Ranging from choosing between passing the ball and shooting, to making a run to create space for a teammate.
Football Player (Final Thoughts)
- Have the right state of mind to play at the top level.
- Stay amicable with other people that make up the club; don’t have to be best friends, but harmonious.
- Not overwork when on the pitch; play your role within the team as instructed by the Coach.
- Prepare well and always endeavour to improve every aspect of your game.
- Remember that a football player is the product. A football player must take that into with every decision they make ranging from their diet to their behaviour in media interviews.