What is Independence?
- Not relying on anyone else except for yourself.
- You don’t depend on anyone else.
- Not influenced by the beliefs and motivations of other people.
- It often means that you have a strong character.
- Generally, your opinion isn’t influenced by others.
Positives of Independence
- Decisions aren’t influenced by other people who endeavour to belittle others.
- Analyse yourself more effectively.
- Emphasise your strengths more.
- Don’t require emotional assistance from other people with agendas that are negative.
- You can be more vigilant.
- Independence can help increase your perception of yourself.
- Don’t give up when you come across people that are demeaning and belligerent; ensure that it motivates you even more!
- As long as ‘you’ are true to yourself it doesn’t matter how popular you are!
Negatives of Independence (That may occur)
- Loneliness; Can lead to boredom and depression
- Can’t network, therefore decreases opportunities theoretically; both in the commercial world and in your personal life.
- May lead to reclusiveness.
- Only care about your own race; don’t care about other people.
- Can become self-opinionated, arrogant and selfish.
Why you need to be Independent
- What drives ‘you’ should not deviate!
- Being independent can make you more confident within yourself.
- The views that a person has are strictly their own.
- A person can only control their own actions and emotions.
- The only person that ‘you’ need to impress is yourself!