Anxiety (In a Nutshell)
- Anxiety is generally caused by stress.
- Even though a person may be nervous, they can alter their thoughts.
- Don’t be afraid of feeling a certain way, as it can be a standard response.
- “We all have anxiety about things. We all have insecurities, but eventually you have to face your fears if you want to be successful, and everybody has some fear of failure.”- Nick Saban (American- NFL Coach)
Anxiety (Nitty Gritty)
- “Neither comprehension nor learning can take place in an atmosphere of anxiety.”- Rose Kennedy (American-Author)
- Recognise that it’s impossible to obtain something that’s perfect.
- Don’t blame yourself for feeling nervous.
- “We all have aspirations for ourselves, but if you expect to change the world tomorrow, then you’re going to drown in yourself in anxiety and constant feelings of inadequacy.”- Mark Mason (American-Author)
Anxiety (Lateral Thinking)
- There are specific times where being nervous is the obvious emotion to feel; in a sports final makes it being normal to feel uneasy.
- Making a speech in front of a group of people warrants being unsettled.
- If a person doesn’t feel completely settled with their emotions, then it may be as simple as altering one aspect of a person’s life that is making them feel uneasy. The change that needs to be made may be to change job or social circle.
Anxiety (Final Thoughts)
- It’s important not to write yourself off, but realise that some challenges are insurmountable and impossible to reach.
- Have a go at a given task and accept what the worst case scenario looks like.
- “It’s okay to talk about mental health issues. It’s okay to admit that you have anxiety. It doesn’t take away from your power. It’s totally normal.”- Torrey Devitto (American-Actress)