Ellyse Perry- Female Cricketer (In a Nutshell)
- Ellyse Perry was born on November 3rd, 1990.
- She is an All-rounder.
- Perry is a right handed.
- Having played 8 Women’s Test Cricket games and averaging 78 runs with the bat and taking 31 wickets as a bowler is a remarkable.
- She’s played 115 Women’s One Day Internationals and 123 Women’s Twenty20 Internationals.
- “For me, growing up and watching Test cricket and absolutely loving it, that’s been the pinnacle for me with cricket.”- Ellyse Perry
Ellyse Perry- Female Cricketer (Nitty Gritty)
- “My mum, Kathy, works as a GP and my dad, Mark, was a high school maths teacher. He now manages mum’s practice and is also my cricket coach. We are a close-knit family.”- Ellyse Perry
- “When I’m away from sport and not doing something I have much self-belief in, I can lack self-confidence at times.”- Ellyse Perry
- “I think a lot of sporting organisations are really sitting up and taking notice, putting in some great programs and investing a lot into women’s sport.”- Ellyse Perry
Ellyse Perry- Female Cricketer (What sets her apart)
- “I love being put into situations which are competitive and tough and challenging.”- Ellyse Perry
- “For me looking at the success of the women’s football World Cups, the crowds they’ve drawn, the spectacle it has created and the event that it’s been I think it’s really great cricket is having a go at that as well.”- Ellyse Perry
- “For me it was always about enjoying what I was doing and trying to get better, playing more and more sport.”- Ellyse Perry
Ellyse Perry- Female Cricketer (Final Thoughts)
- “A lot has evolved and changed in women’s sport in the last 10 years – particularly football and cricket. So, I think my timing, in terms of being able to play both for a while, was fortunate.”- Ellyse Perry
- Despite being successful it hasn’t gone to here head, which can tend to happen to other sports people. Unlike other’s in the industry she is humble and grateful to play professional sport.