Social Media (In a Nutshell)
- It can be considered a necessity in today’s society.
- Initially it began as a way to socialise. Having said that, now it’s a business!
- The use of it can be for networking.
- It’s up to the person, how often they want to use it.
- It assists you in interacting in a manner that you normally wouldn’t.
- Connects people who share similar interests/passions, online, not in person.
- Three of the most popular social media Sites are: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
Social Media (Positives)
- Can keep in touch with family and friends.
- Gives a person the opportunity to network.
- It’s possible to increase people’s knowledge on pivotal matters, as well as problems.
- Can assist people who have social anxiety have an outlet to socialise.
- Without social media, some people can’t express their creativity.
- Learn about subjects that are essential for a person to know about.
- As a result of social media, it can be a distraction from anxiety and depression
- Improving mental health!
Social Media (Negatives)
- It can lead to cyberbullying, which can have detrimental repercussions.
- Can be consumed by social media and not spend much time in person with other people.
- People may utilise social media instead of real life communication.
- Can lead to unnecessary stress: not getting enough likes.
- There is a risk that social media can become addictive.
Social Media (Final Thoughts)
- It’s mostly useful as twitter, for example, can be a substitute for the news.
- There is an opportunity for social media to be used to promote your business and/or blog.
- For people who find it tough to socialise in person, social media is almost essential. That’s if they are able to cope with its negatives.
- You can get rid of your account or not use it if it’s negatively impacting you.
- The good outweighs the bad and you can decide how often you utilize it.