What is an Introvert?
- Someone who doesn’t talk much and verbalise their thoughts.
- May express themselves better in writing.
- Are generally more observant.
- Can be a more relaxed character; generally, only talk to who they want to.
- If someone talks less, they are predominantly good listeners.
- Like to work independently, instead of in a team/group.
- Typically have fewer friendships than more verbal people.
- Sometimes people who are introverts are more intellectual.
What are the Positives of Being an Introvert?
- Being quiet means that you have less enemies or fights or arguments.
- Silence can be more impactful than talking if you want to gain people’s respect.
- Not talking can be more meaningful than talking.
- People that are introverts are humbler.
- Harmonious with individuals that would otherwise not be the case- Keep quiet when it’s tough to do so.
- Being quiet can take more confidence- Be calm and have an inner peace; use the doubters and detractors as motivation and continually stay calm.
What are the Negatives of Being an Introvert?
- Usually have less friends, theoretically speaking.
- It’s tough to achieve the optimum result if you are an introvert in some cases, because challenges are inevitable; In any endeavour in life the challenge isn’t to pursue the inconceivable, but to rise above the ignorance, injustice and hypocrisy within society!
- It’s difficult to be authentic as nothings perfect in life- Be transparent!
- Tougher to be a leader, generally speaking.
- They are usually bullied more as they can’t defend themselves.
Keeping Quiet can Mean Staying Peaceful
- Being silent doesn’t mean you aren’t as inspired and disciplined within yourself- Be calm and have an inner peace; use the doubters and detractors as motivation and continually stay calm.
- Ultimately have less conflicts- Always focus on what you can control.
- It can make you a valuable team member if you keep your negative perceptions to yourself- Even if you have a strong character, learn to tolerate other people’s opinions.