Why is Teamwork so Important?
Teamwork is the manner in which you conduct yourself and interact within the team environment. It’s your ability to work in a team and how you deal with different personalities. You will grow as a person and improve the way in which you work in the team environment after you learn from past experiences, not all good!
General Strengths a Person has in a Team Environment!
Both on the sporting field, in academic group work, the political world and the corporate world you must do the following:
- Endeavour to convey what would lead to the best result for the team as a whole.
- Never undermine anyone.
- Maintain a civil relationship with other team members.
- Ensure there are no conflicts.
- Always have the best interests of the team at heart.
- Assist the team in obtaining the best conceivable result.
How can You Change Your Weaknesses for the Good of the Team?
There are always areas that are needed to improve on for the team to flourish as a whole:
- Learning to convey your point in an effective matter, instead of withholding your opinion to avoid conflict.
- Sometimes implementing a decision may lead to conflict, but be the best thing for the team.
- Make other people also want to achieve the best conceivable result.
- You need to coexist with everyone and it’s a reality that they weren’t all get on with everyone.
Ways to Improve Your Teamwork!
- State an opinion and convey your views on the possible implementation of a decision in an assertive manner.
- Put the best interests of a group ahead of your own.
- Endeavour to convey your opinion in an objective manner.
- Take into account the effect of the manner that you choose to communicate with your team would have on the team dynamics.
- Even if you have a strong character, learn to tolerate other people’s opinions.
- Don’t enforce your opinion on the team, but still convey your perspective effectively.