Yaya Toure- Former Footballer (In a Nutshell)
- Yaya Toure was born in the Ivory Coast on May 13th, 1983.
- He was a Midfielder.
- Having represented Barcelona and Manchester City is impressive.
- He played 101 games for the Ivory Coast and scored 19 goals.
- The decision to retire was made by him on May 10th, 2019.
- “I will never forget how I have been treated here by the fans, the club and the owners, and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to finish my career as a Manchester City player.”- Yaya Toure
Yaya Toure- Former Footballer (Nitty Gritty)
- “Football brings you lots of lovely things, but you have to realise that it’s actually a job.”- Yaya Toure
- “I am a midfielder who is mainly involved in the defensive phases, even if I also like to help build moves – I would say that my foremost quality is my generosity.”- Yaya Toure
Yaya Toure- Former Footballer (What set him apart)
- “When you spend a lot of money on one player, you want him to prove himself, but the way football works, one day you can be good, the next you can be bad, and the next after that you can be very bad. I have come to Manchester City to work very hard and to help my friends make Manchester City great.”- Yaya Toure
- “You must respect people, and must respect money. My father said to me: ‘When you respect money, money will respect you.’”- Yaya Toure
Yaya Toure- Former Footballer (Final Thoughts)
- “To be honest, proper recognition has only come from fans. I don’t want to be hard, and I don’t want to be negative, but I want to be honest.”- Yaya Toure
- “When you get the respect of the fans, it’s very hard not to be happy.”- Yaya Toure