Kasper Schmeichel- Footballer (In a Nutshell)
- Kasper Schmeichel was born in Denmark on November 5th, 1986.
- In his youth career he played for Estoril and Manchester City.
- During his senior career he played for Manchester City and was loaned out to Darlington, Bury, Falkirk, Cardiff City and Coventry City.
- He then joined Notts County and Leeds United.
- Schmeichel has played for Leicester City since 2011.
- Leicester City won the Premier League in 2015/16.
- He is a goalkeeper that represented Denmark at four levels.
Kasper Schmeichel- Footballer (Nitty Gritty)
- “Goalkeeping is so mental you’ve got to be focused all the time. You come off the pitch drained in a different way to an outfield player. You’d probably be more mentally drained.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “For me, pressure is part of the game, that I really enjoy.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “You enter every competition wanting to go as far as you can.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “I was incredibly lucky when I grew up because coming with Dad for training I saw the best players of their generation train every day.”- Kasper Schmeichel
Kasper Schmeichel- Footballer (What sets him apart)
- “The only thing I do is to try to play my own game and be myself.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “I think I am a bit different to how my Dad was. He had some very set routines, I take it as it comes.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “You are responsible for your own career, if you ain’t preparing right, you are not going to get picked.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “Any day of the week you’d rather your team win rather than have personal achievements.”- Kasper Schmeichel
Kasper Schmeichel- Footballer (Final Thoughts)
- “Training every day- I loved everything about that.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “Obviously I always back myself in any situation.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “There is no one with higher expectations of me than myself. I cannot control other’s expectations.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “I tend not to listen to pundits.”- Kasper Schmeichel
- “The grass is not always greener on the other side. It is about recognising what you do have and being grateful for what you do have.”- Kasper Schmeichel