Pep Guardiola – Football Coach (In a Nutshell)
- Pep Guardiola was born in Spain on January 18th, 1971.
- He played for Barcelona at youth level.
- At senior level he played for Barcelona C, Barcelona B, Barcelona, Brescia, Al-Ahli and Dorados as a defensive midfielder.
- Along with that he played for Spain U21, Spain U23, Spain and Catalonia.
- He has Coached Barcelona B, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City, who he is currently Coaching.
- As a Coach he is thought of as one of the best in the world, if not the best.
Pep Guardiola – Football Coach (Nitty Gritty)
- “In football the worst things are excuses. Excuses mean you cannot grow or move forward.”- Pep Guardiola
- “We need the whole squad, every player of the team, if we are to be successful.”- Pep Guardiola
- “People talk about tactics, but when you look at it, tactics are just players. You change things so that that the team can get the most out of the skills they have to offer, but you don’t go any further than that.”- Pep Guardiola
Pep Guardiola – Football Coach (What sets him apart)
- “The fundamentals, what I want, which is to take the ball, try to play as offensive as possible and dominate the game through the ball, is the same. I grew up with that; I was a player that idea, and I am a coach with that idea.”- Pep Guardiola
- “A perfectionist? That’s part of my job.”- Pep Guardiola
- “I think all managers have to be so demanding.”- Pep Guardiola
- “I want happiness for the players.”- Pep Guardiola
Pep Guardiola – Football Coach (Final Thoughts)
- “I was grateful to be here and I will always be grateful for the opportunity Manchester City gave me.”- Pep Guardiola
- “I try to be positive. I speak to my players about how we have to play, respect the rules. What I have done is always ne positive.”- Pep Guardiola