- This trait requires reliability.
- Every player must fulfill their role to an optimum level.
- Everyone must be on the same page; the 11 players should all be trustworthy. That’s in reference to them knowing the game plan that the Coach wants to implement.
“Dull Isn’t Boring”
- Being predictable to each of your teammates is pivotal for a Test Cricket Team.
- The game plan put in place must be able to be understandable to every player in the 11.
- Have to deal with adversity.
- The capacity to do something that worries you.
- It’s needed when a team and/or player when times become tough, which is essential in Test Cricket.
“Growth and Harmony”
- The team has to get better as Test Cricket is extremely challenging.
- If a team doesn’t mature in the longer format they won’t succeed.
- Development is essential in order to achieve success.
- Everyone needs to be on the same page.
- The team can have disagreements, but they shouldn’t bare grudges.
- It’s a necessity that the team have discussions, but they need to meet half way.
- They need to have strong commitment to the game plan.
- Test Cricket requires 11 players that has complete dedication to play their role for the team.
- The Team must be determined to play their role within the unit, as a whole.
“Keep it Simple”
- It means that instructions must be kept to the point.
- Simplify everything that’s required for a Test Cricket Team to function as a unit, effectively.
- Do the majority of the things that make you content.
- Have the ability that’s adequate to put up with any situation.
“Lateral Gut Feel”
- In the longer form of Cricket, a team must think outside the box.
- Having tactics that may be perceived as unconventional.
- A Coach and Captain must be sure of their tactics.
- The Team as a whole must use their intuition.