Suresh Raina- Former Cricketer (In a Nutshell)
- Suresh Raina was born in India on November 27th, 1986.
- He was a Left-handed Batsman.
- Having represented India in all three formats is remarkable.
- The decision for him to retire was made by him on August 15th, 2022.
- “At the international level, one has to keep working hard and develop new skills. International cricket is all about improving yourself.”- Suresh Raina
Suresh Raina- Former Cricketer (Nitty Gritty)
- “My father was in the army, and there wasn’t too much money. Yet, we learnt to enjoy the small pleasures of life, to look at the positives.”- Suresh Raina
- “As professional cricketers, we have to ensure we are battle-ready all the time.”- Suresh Raina
- “My aim is to play Test matches. For me, there is a different feel of Test cricket as it tests your character. You come to know about mental toughness, and most importantly, there is another level of satisfaction as a player.”- Suresh Raina
Suresh Raina- Former Cricketer (What set him apart)
- “When you’re successful, there will be friends, people, VIPs rallying around you. When you’re down and out, you’re all alone. That’s why it’s important to be a good person. Because whether you’re a successful cricketer or not can always change, but the respect you earn by being the person you are stays with you.”- Suresh Raina
- “I used to practice at the hockey ground on synthetic surface while I was in the sports hostel, so Test cricket is certainly going to be a challenge for me.”- Suresh Raina
Suresh Raina- Former Cricketer (Final Thoughts)
- “I always want to be known as a good Test cricketer. I believe I have the ability to score big runs in the longer format. For that, I know I have to score heavily in whatever opportunities I get.”- Suresh Raina