AFL Fantasy: Round 1 (Season 2022)- Starting 22: Team- ‘pointers’ (Points in Brackets)
Dan Houston (150), Hayden Crozier (100), George Hewett (91), Caleb Daniel (89) Lachie Whitfield (69), Nic Newman (54),
Jack Macrae (120, Captain= 240), Matt Rowell (117), Nick Daicos (102), Marcus Bontempelli (Vice Captain- 100), Brad Crouch (91), Noah Anderson (91), Jai Newcombe (79), Jason Horne-Fancis (61)
Jack Hayes (111), Tim English (106)
Josh Dunkley (103), Jade Gresham (99), Adam Treloar (95), Errol Gulden (85), Mason Wood (68), Zac Fisher (51)
Round 1 Score 2152
Round 1 Ranking 235
Overall Ranking 235
AFL Fantasy 2022 (In a Nutshell)
AFL Fantasy Round 1- 2022 (Nitty Gritty- DEFENDERS)
- Dan Houston of Port Adelaide price increased by $50,000 due to him having an outstanding game. He won plenty of the footy and kicked two goals.
- Hayden Crozier was a late inclusion. The Western Bulldogs player scored 100 points from just 19 disposals!
- George Hewett of the Blues had a good start.
- Caleb Daniel of the Bulldogs scored 89, despite not having his best game.
- Lachie Whitfield had a disappointing game for the Giants.
- Nic Newman had a bad game for the Blues.
AFL Fantasy Round 1- 2022 (Nitty Gritty- MIDFIELDERS)
- Jack Macrae of the Bulldogs played well.
- Matt Rowell of the Suns had the best game of his AFL career.
- Marcus Bontempelli of the Bulldogs scored 100 despite suffering an injury.
- Nick Daicos had a good debut for the Magpies.
- Brad Crouch played well for the Saints.
- Noah Anderson of the Suns proved he is an exciting prospect.
- Jai Newcombe was prolific for the Hawks.
- Jason Horne-Fancis had a reasonable debut.
AFL Fantasy Round 1- 2022 (Nitty Gritty- RUCKS)
- Jack Hayes kicked three goals in his first AFL game; he never stopped trying, but couldn’t get the Saints over the line.
- Tim English had a reasonable game for the Bulldogs, but scored a more than respectable 106.
AFL Fantasy Round 1- Season 2022 (Nitty Gritty- FORWARDS)
- Josh Dunkley played well for the Bulldogs, spending time in the midfield.
- Jade Gresham had a good game following an injury plagued 2021 season.
- Adam Treloar of the Bulldogs kicked two goals and had some midfield time.
- Errol Gulden took the game on and helped the Swans get over the line.
- Mason Wood of the Saints had a reasonable game; hopefully he doesn’t get dropped in Round 2 as he is a good prospect.
- Zac Fisher had an average game for the Blues.
AFL Fantasy 2022- Starting 22: Round 1 Team- ‘pointers’ (Final Thoughts)
- There were plenty of chances taken in the ‘pointers’ team selection, but that’s what AFL Fantasy is all about.
- The team contains nine players that are now priced over $700,000 after the Round 1 price changes. Those players were; Lachie Whitfield, Caleb Daniel, Dan Houston, Nic Newman, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Brad Crouch, Josh Dunkley and Adam Treloar.