Xavi- Former Footballer (In a Nutshell)
- Xavi was born in Spain on January 25th, 1980.
- He was a midfielder.
- In his Senior career he played for Barcelona B, Barcelona and Al Sadd.
- Playing for Spain at six age levels is impressive.
- He retired on May 20th, 2019.
- “In football, the result is an impostor. You can do things really, really well but not win. There’s something greater than the result, most lasting – a legacy.”- Xavi
Xavi- Former Footballer (Nitty Gritty)
- “Like so many of the players, I started at La Masia at the age of 11. I can’t ever imagine not playing for Barcelona, let alone not playing soccer for a career. I don’t ever want to play anywhere else.”- Xavi
- “I spend the entire 90 minutes looking for space on the pitch. I’m always between the opposition’s two holding midfielders and thinking, ‘The defence is here, so I get the ball and I go there to where the space is.’”- Xavi
Xavi- Former Footballer (What set him apart)
- “I like to read the papers. I make my living from football, and I like to know what’s going on.”- Xavi
- “You pressure, you want possession, you want to attack. Some teams can’t or don’t pass the ball. What are you playing for? What’s the point? That’s not football. Combine, pass, play. That’s football – for me, at least.”- Xavi
Xavi- Former Footballer (Final Thoughts)
- “There are a lot of teams that don’t want to play, that only want to defend against Barcelona, and that makes it difficult. We’re always looking for the open space. A lot of times we’ll face six defenders and four midfielders.”- Xavi
- “I don’t actually watch many shows. I will either watch movies or football. I enjoy to watch games in the Premier League and also watch movies a lot as well. That is how I relax.”- Xavi