Peter Schmeichel- Former Footballer (In a Nutshell)
- Peter Schmeichel was born in Denmark on November 18th, 1963.
- In his senior career he played for Gladsaxe-Hero, Hvidovre, Brondby, Manchester United, Sporting CP, Aston Villa and Manchester City.
- During his career he represent Denmark from 1987 until 2001 in 129 games and even scored a goal, despite being a goalkeeper!
- “I have had a fantastic career with United, and I owe it to the club, players, and fans to do everything I can to finish on a successful note.”- Peter Schmeichel
Peter Schmeichel- Former Footballer (Nitty Gritty)
- “If you’re a senior player, and you really want to make an impact in the dressing room, it’s difficult if you have players there who are not as committed as you are and they have a certain status.”- Peter Schmeichel
- “You’ve got to get a certain amount of sleep. You’ve got to eat the right thing. You’ve got to train in the right manner. You’ve got to behave in the right manner.”- Peter Schmeichel
- “During a big tournament, it is the small details that make big differences.”- Peter Schmeichel
Peter Schmeichel- Former Footballer (What set him apart)
- “Football is a team sport. I’m proud of what I achieved in my career, but I also know that I wouldn’t have achieved any of it without the support of my team-mates. I played with great players, great managers, and in great teams.”- Peter Schmeichel
- “When you have a way of playing or a mentality of playing, it’s difficult to do something else.”- Peter Schmeichel
- “Knowing where a team will usually place a penalty can be the difference between winning or losing.”- Peter Schmeichel
Peter Schmeichel- Former Footballer (Final Thoughts)
- “On some occasions, it is every footballer’s dream to play for the national team, but if you don’t reach it, you always need to work harder to reach a higher level, a level you wouldn’t reach if you didn’t have this as a goal.”- Peter Schmeichel
- “The fear of letting people down – that’s the drive. Sir Alex, I think, if he was brave enough to say it, he would be the same, but in his eyes, the motivating factor is that you want to be the best.”- Peter Schmeichel