Ben Stokes- Cricketer (In a Nutshell)
- Ben Stokes was born in New Zealand on June 4th, 1991.
- He has played cricket for England in all three forms of the game.
- Stokes is an all rounder, a left handed batsman and a right arm fast medium bowler.
- At a domestic level he has played for Durham since 2009 until now. Also, having played for Melbourne Renegades, Rising Pune Supergiant, Canterbury and Rajasthan Royals.
- “It’s amazing how quickly things can change.”- Ben Stokes
- “Setbacks make you want to be better again.”- Ben Stokes
Ben Stokes- Cricketer (Nitty Gritty)
- “I sort of know my role with the bat but with the bat I’ve been up and down the order quite a few times.”- Ben Stokes
- “It’s always been there, that competitive instinct… I just want to win.”- Ben Stokes
- “The older you get the harder you’ve got to train.”- Ben Stokes
- “What happens on the pitch stays on it. Off it you have to let it go.”- Ben Stokes
- “Being the player who wants to impact every game is what I’ve tried to be.”- Ben Stokes
Ben Stokes- Cricketer (What sets him apart)
- “I am never happy with where I’m at and I never like to feel that I’m comfortable. I like making everything a little bit harder so when it comes to the game it can feel a little easier.”- Ben Stokes
- “In terms of how I want to influence the game, I try to have a positive effect with ball or bat in my hand.”- Ben Stokes
- “It’s a cliché but I would rather be involved in a winning team that have good figures.”- Ben Stokes
Ben Stokes- Cricketer (Final Thoughts)
- “Never give up. It’s never over until it’s over.”- Ben Stokes