Adversity (In a Nutshell)
- A scenario that is tough to overcome.
- Can be as simple as being unlucky.
- All a person can do is perform to their optimum level.
- The only certainties in life are death and taxes!
- Having to deal with adversity builds character.
- It challenges a person to persevere or change tact.
- In a sporting sense, adversity can either be losing a game or a player being injured.
- As far as everyday life is concerned, adversity can be losing a job, a relationship, money or being ill.
Why Adversity can Bring About Strength
- It forces you to test yourself; without facing adversity you can’t grow as a person.
- Having to cope with adversity can make a person humble; without humility nothing can be achieved as a person can’t reach their potential.
- As far as sport’s concerned adversity can force a team or person to make alterations that need to be made in order to be successful.
- It’s inevitable that situations don’t always go according to plan.
Why Adversity can Break you
- Endeavour and ability can be at their maximum level, but situations still may not go a person’s or organization’s way.
- It can cause a person or organization to lose belief and confidence.
- Adversity can lead to a task appearing to be insurmountable and a person or organization giving up.
Adversity (Final Thoughts)
- Adversity should be embraced.
- The past should only be relevant if it makes a person or organization stronger.
- In order to make a success of the future changes or tweaks must be made. Adversity can force these alterations to occur.
- It’s okay to face tough times as they predominantly make a person or organization more resilient and successful in the long run.