Skip to content
What is Bullying?
- Targeting an individual by endeavouring to make them feel belittled and fearful.
- Mocking someone due to race or religion.
- Physical bullying comprises of deliberately hitting another human being.
- Verbal bullying is a type of bullying where a person endeavours to provoke someone in an insulting fashion.
- Psychological bullying is made up of a few types of issues: Leaving out an individual from a group, deliberately. Instigating rumours. Not including a person in a conversation.
- Cyberbullying- Predominantly bullying through social media; the most cowardly and anonymous form of bullying.
Why would someone bully?
- A desire to improve their social status.
- Someone that has a low self esteem as they are cowardly.
- A person who doesn’t recognise their behaviour of being out of the ordinary.
- It can give someone a sense of power.
- There are times that people bully others due to peer pressure.
How to Assist a Person Being bullied?
- Start a conversation about the teasing.
- Put the bullying in perspective.
- Tell them the person bullying them is a coward.
- Would you treat the bully in the manner in which they treat you?
- Was the bullying done with malicious intent.
- Enquire as to how you felt when the person went about bullying.
- Is that the manner in which the bully would normally behave to other people.
How to Eradicate bullying?
- Keeping quiet; the person bullying you will inevitable get tired of it.
- A bully is likely to look for another victim if you tackle them of immediate effect.
- Find someone who you trust to communicate about the bullying you have endured.
- Diminish the bully’s power, by standing up to the bully.
- Make it clear that the manner in which the bully behaves is unacceptable.
- Realise that inevitably the only person that can control your thoughts is you.