Facts about Bill Gates
- Born on the 28th of October, 1955.
- He is one of the richest men in the world.
- He co founded one of the most successful tech companies of all time in Microsoft.
- He left Harvard University in 1975 to fully devote himself to Microsoft.
- Gates doesn’t know any foreign languages. That, is a big regret in life.
- Gates kids will only inherit $US10 million each- just a fraction of his $US90.9 billion net worth.
Key Characteristics that Bill Gates Possesses
- He never wanted to have immediate success, as he always had a long-term vision for the Microsoft company.
- His always looking to learn and doesn’t think you need to know everything, in order to be successful.
- In order to be successful, he understands its essential to have a strong team around him.
- He likes to delegate.
- A Philanthropist.
- Highly competitive.
- Believes in his ideas.
Quote relating to leadership
“Power is the engine that drives the ability to influence. To understand leadership effectiveness therefore, an analysis of the complex web of power relationships and influence processes in organizations is essential. We also need to examine the sources of power and the relationship of different power sources to leadership effectiveness.”
- He was named in ‘The World’s Richest People’ from 1995-2007.
- Has been knighted by Queen Elizabeth in 2004.
- From 2004-2006 he was named in the ‘100 most influential people of the 20th century.’
- He has performed numerous generous deeds.
- Instrumental in the success of Microsoft.
- He received an honorary doctorate from Harvard University in 2007.
- In the year 2000 Bill and his wife Melinda started the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that as of December 2018 was worth $46.8 billion, which is a charitable foundation.