Michael Phelps- Former Swimmer (In a Nutshell)
- Michael Phelps was born in the United States on June 30th, 1985.
- The decision to retire was made by him in 2016.
- “I like to just think of myself as a normal person who just has a passion, has a goal and a dream and goes out and does it. And that’s really how I’ve always lived my life.”- Michael Phelps
- “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do.”- Michael Phelps
Continue reading “Michael Phelps- Former Swimmer”
Steve Prefontaine- Former Athlete (In a Nutshell)
- Steve Prefontaine was born in the United States on January 25th, 1951 and lived until May 30th, 1975.
- He was a Long-distance runner.
- “Over the years, I’ve given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement.”- Steve Prefontaine
- “To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.”- Steve Prefontaine
Continue reading “Steve Prefontaine- Former Athlete”
Claudio Reyna– Former Footballer (In a Nutshell)
- Claudio Reyna was born in the United States on July 20th, 1973.
- He was a Midfielder.
- In his College career he played for Virginia Callers.
- During his Senior career he has played for Bayern Leverkusen who loaned him out to Vfl Wolfsburg. Following that he joined Rangers and also played for Rangers, Sunderland, Manchester City and New York Red Bulls.
- He played for the United States 112 times and scored eight goals.
- The decision to retire was made by him on July 16th, 2008.
Continue reading “Claudio Reyna- Former Footballer”