Joe Torre- Former Baseballer (In a Nutshell)
- Joe Torre was born in the United States on July 18th, 1940.
- His was a Catcher/ First baseman/ Third baseman.
- The decision to retire as a baseball player was made by him in 1977.
- “We all have different ways to do things.”- Joe Torre
- “That’s what I’d like to think that my reputation is – being honest.”- Joe Torre
- “Unless you have bad times, you can’t appreciate the good times.”- Joe Torre
Joe Torre- Former Baseballer (Nitty Gritty)
- “I’m a very private person, and I don’t want to share stuff with anyone.” – Joe Torre
- “Even though I was never a Yankee fan until I put on the uniform, when you think about the deep history of the organization, you always knew what the Yankees represented.”- Joe Torre
- “I’m not very complicated.”- Joe Torre
- “If I intimidate people, that’s not my intention.”- Joe Torre
- “My wife accuses me – and she’s probably right – that I’m sometimes oversensitive.”- Joe Torre
Joe Torre- Former Baseballer (What set him apart)
- “Whatever sport you’re looking at, it’s usually the team that makes the least mistakes that has the most success.”- Joe Torre
- “Major league baseball is about the history of the game. Baseball history is so important. It’s so much more than money.”- Joe Torre
- “Competing at the highest level is not about winning. It’s about preparation, courage, understanding and nurturing people, and heart. Winning is the result.”- Joe Torre
Joe Torre- Former Baseballer (Final Thoughts)
- “Baseball while your doing it, you think it’s going to last forever.”- Joe Torre
- “I just don’t dwell on stuff.”- Joe Torre
- “If you do the best you can, you never have to look back.”- Joe Torre