Mike Krzyzewski- Former Basketball Coach (In a Nutshell)
- Mike Krzyzewski was born in the United States on February 13th, 1947.
- He was Inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame Inducted in 2001.
- The decision to stop coaching Duke was made in 2022.
- “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.”- Mike Krzyzewski
- “When you win, sometimes it overshadows a poor performance.”- Mike Krzyzewski
- “Leadership is an ever-evolving position.”- Mike Krzyzewski
Mike Krzyzewski- Former Basketball Coach (Nitty Gritty)
- “Throughout my life, my mom has been the person that I’ve always looked up to.”- Mike Krzyzewski
- “My ambition in high school was to be a high school coach and teacher, and that’s still what I do: teach.”- Mike Krzyzewski
- “Playing sport was somewhat frivolous, but I liked it. I rebelled a little bit, and wouldn’t go to music lessons and things like that, but I would go and play ball. My parents learned to love it because they saw how much I got out of it.”- Mike Krzyzewski
Mike Krzyzewski- Former Basketball Coach (What set him apart)
- “It is the ultimate honor for a coach to be his country’s coach.”- Mike Krzyzewski
- “Once you win a National Championship, how do you do that again? How do you get the passion to do that again? We won it again right away, the next year. A lot of it had to do with the fact that I didn’t give myself an opportunity to enjoy the first one.”- Mike Krzyzewski
- “I hated to lose.”- Mike Krzyzewski
Mike Krzyzewski- Former Basketball Coach (Final Thoughts)
- “Fun is to experience things you would not have been able to experience in any other setting.”- Mike Krzyzewski