Yuvraj Singh- Former Cricketer (In a Nutshell)
- Yuvraj Singh was born in India on December 12th, 1981.
- He was a Left-handed batsman that played for India from 2000-2017.
- “When I was a kid, I used to try and hit every ball out of the ground. After playing one-day cricket and Test cricket, I never thought I’d get a chance to play like that again, ever. Twenty20 has given me the opportunity of playing like a kid again. I can just fell free and go out there and hit.”- Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh- Former Cricketer (Nitty Gritty)
- “Obviously, a lot of things play on your mind when you’re batting. This might happen and this might not. The best thing you can do when you’re batting is not to think too much, and wait for the next ball.”
- “People who don’t know me, how will they know what I am really like? They will only see me on the field, only see me in an advertisement. People who know what kind of a guy I am will tell you I’m a very open person.”- Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh- Former Cricketer (What set him apart)
- “In sport, there is always room for improvement. Whenever I see my innings against the West Indies or Australia. I think, ‘Maybe, I could have done this better or should have changed that.’ See cricket is a skill game, and one can always improve upon the impact one has on an innings.”- Yuvraj Singh
- Remarkably he played for ten different Domestic teams.
- Having retired from all forms on cricket on June 10th, 2019 showed that he had longevity!
Yuvraj Singh- Former Cricketer (Final Thoughts)
- Yuvraj Singh beat mediastinal seminoma Cancer, which was detected in November, 2011. His cancer was cured in April, 2012.
- He played for India again in August, 2012 in T20 cricket.
- “When one is young, aspiring to play for the country, doing well, any hindrance, like injury or being out of form, can be frustrating and a cause of annoyance or even anger. But once you have a close encounter with death, you realise the value of life.”- Yuvraj Singh