A-League Round Eighteen Review

Round Eighteen Review (Hyundai A-League)

Round eighteen of the A-League was a fascinating one. Remarkably all five games are made up of two evenly matched teams, irrespective of their position on the ladder. Four of the five games had at least three goals in them. That meant the football being played was entertaining.

City v Jets Review

Rodriguez played an exquisite cross that was finished off by Topor-Stanley. Kantarovski missed a golden chance to make the score two-nil in favour of the Jets. Arzani from the Jets was creating mayhem. Georgevski fouled Mauk in the penalty area, Arzani took the resultant penalty with a good shot. Early in the Second Half Brattan hit the bar. Hoffman was clinical in the final third giving the Jets the lead. Vidosic converted a cross from Brattan. Ugarkovic cleared a Mccormack chance off the line. It was a tough and tight contest that finished two-all.

Victory v Sky Blues Review

The game was a nil-nil stale mate at Half Time. Ingham won a penalty in the Second Half, Berisha converted the resultant penalty. Wilkshire played an exquisite cross that was finished off by Bobo. Bobo won and converted a penalty in the seventy-eighth minute to give the Sky Blues the lead. Mierzejewki set up the sealing goal for substitute Carney to make the score three-nil in favour of the Sky Blues.

Phoenix v Reds Review

The Phoenix were attacking early with the game being end to end football. Blackwood broke the dead lock in the thirty-second minute, placing the ball between Italiano’s legs. Ridenton hit the bar for the Phoenix. Mcglinchey had a shot well saved by Izzo. Substitute Rufer nearly scored, hitting the bar. The game finished at one-nil to the Reds.

Mariners v Roar Review

Maccarone butchered a chance constructed by Brown. Holman buried a Mariners mistake. In the Second Half Holman flashed a shot over the bar. A mistake by Kennedy led to a goal for Mckay. For the Mariners Powell slotted a clinical goal. The game finished two-one to the Roar. The game was marred by a red card to Brama at the end on Gameiro who has just come back from an injury.

Glory v Wanderers Review

Keanu Baccus got sent off in the sixth minute for bringing down Chianese. Castro converted the resultant penalty. Reddy gave away a penalty to Riera and was lucky to only see a yellow card. Riera converted the resultant penalty. Castro scored a clinical free kick in the fortieth minute. Shortly after Keogh made it three-one to the Glory in the forty-third minute. The rest of the game was largely uneventful and the game finished three-one in favour of the Glory.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest