Johan Cruyff- Former Footballer (In a Nutshell)
- Johann Cruyff was born in Spain on April 25th, 1947.
- He was a Forward/Attacking midfielder.
- In his Youth career he played for Ajax.
- During his Senior career he played for Ajax, Barcelona, Los Angles Aztecs, Washington Diplomats, Levante, Ajax and Feyenoord.
- Having scored 33 goals in 48 games for the Netherlands is impressive.
- “The most important part are the fans, that people going home are happy. It’s their time off, and you should give them something to enjoy.”- Johan Cruyff
Johan Cruyff- Former Footballer (Nitty Gritty)
- “When I don’t have control of the ball, what do I do? I press to get it back. It’s a way of defending, But more important is that I like to have the ball. That’s why I believe in individual coaching sessions to prepare players properly.”- Johan Cruyff
- “Football is about having the best offensive play possible. I always like to play offensive football, and nobody will convince me otherwise.”- Johan Cruyff
Johan Cruyff- Former Footballer (What set him apart
- “My generation put in a lot more hours playing football after school than kids today. These days, all the football these kids play, they play at their clubs, so the clubs need to work seriously on the basic skills.”- Johan Cruyff
- “Football is not about suffering. It’s about enjoyment. Control the ball, be friendly with it, try to attack, try to score goals. Of course defending is part of it, but you can defend in a lot of ways.”- Johan Cruyff
Johan Cruyff- Former Footballer (Final Thoughts)
- Johan Cruyff retired from football in 1984 and died aged 68 in Spain on March 24th, 2016.
- “Football is now all about money. There are problems with the values within the game. This is sad because football is the most beautiful game. We can play it in the street. We can play it anywhere.”- Johan Cruyff