Roy Hodgson- Former Football Coach (In a Nutshell)
- Roy Hodgson was born in England on August 9th, 1947
- He has Coached 22 different teams, inclusive of two as a caretaker.
- His longevity of 45 years as a Coach is impressive.
- “Getting the balance right in everything is all of football and all of sport.”- Roy Hodgson
- “If success is about winning the league, there will always be 19 disappointed clubs.”- Roy Hodgson
- “The important thing is to take each game as it comes.”- Roy Hodgson
Roy Hodgson- Former Football Coach (Nitty Gritty)
- “I think any manager who tells you, ‘I am very good at keeping my equilibrium. I’m always calm and reasoned, and results don’t affect me particularly. I can take the good with the bad, and I can put the wins and losses in perspective,’ you will find a special person. I’ve never met one.”- Roy Hodgson
- “Everywhere I’ve managed, I’ve left a platform for my successor to build on, and this is a great satisfaction for me, even if I don’t necessarily get the recognition for it.”- Roy Hodgson
Roy Hodgson- Former Football Coach (What set him apart)
- “I think, increasingly, people will define success at staying in the League, being a stable Premier League club that treats its fans to good football every year.”- Roy Hodgson
- “Talk is talk; action on the field is action on the field.”- Roy Hodgson
- “All of the top managers I have come across during my career and befriend, they suffer as much with the defeats and when things don’t go their way late in life as they did early in life.”- Roy Hodgson
Roy Hodgson- Former Football Coach (Final Thoughts)
- “I try very hard not to look back.”- Roy Hodgson