5- The Castle (1997)
- An Australian comedy/drama that shows off the Australian culture.
- A man’s home is portrayed as being his castle, hence the name of the movie.
- Portrayal of the Aussie battler.
- The film is about the typical Australian family.
- Conveys the positives and flaws of Australian society.
- The movie explores different elements of Australia as a country.
- Not everything in Australia is perfect even though its often referred to as the ‘lucky country.’
4- Any Given Sunday (1999)
- It’s a sport related movie.
- The movie is about an NFL team.
- Al Pacino’s speech to the team using the similarity of sport and life was brilliant!
- No other activity except perhaps the musical industry has the power to bring people from all walks of life together.
- Success requires the following, which Pacino’s character conveyed; In any endeavour in life the challenge isn’t to pursue the inconceivable, but to rise above the ignorance, injustice and hypocrisy within society!
3- Two for the Money (2005)
- A movie about the sports gambling industry.
- The sports industry has a myriad of facades to it.
- It’s the same rush; feeling of elation from winning a free competition to winning a bet. Tipping and fantasy sports are fun.
- Al Pacino’s character is charismatic as usual.
- Sports gambling is great when its enjoyable and you don’t spend beyond your means!
2- Goodfellas (1990)
- It’s movie about the mafia.
- The movie portrays the ups and downs of a mob associate.
- Any Robert De Niro movie is ‘good,’ pun intended.
- The film was ranked the best of 1990 by multiple people!
1- Good Will Hunting (1997)
- The main character Will Hunting is a genius who is a janitor.
- In today’s society human being get judged on results on paper. Talent and ability bare little relevance. Unfortunately, we live in a superficial, image driven society.
- Robin Williams role of Will Hunting’s therapist made the movie a success.
- Williams embraced the role of playing Will’s therapist and endeavoured to change Will’s perception of society.
- The performance by Williams in the movie was flawless.